There is a widespread conviction that “movement is a health” and this seems obvious, but judging by the level of physical activity of our society, it can be concluded that this statement does not quite speak to the public’s imagination, or at least not enough to Enough to be motivated to act – and why?
The effectiveness of our conduct in almost every area of life depends to a large extent on our motivation, and it is the stronger, the deeper internal beliefs it derives. The so-called external motivation, based on external motives, often imposed – “because the doctor ordered…”, “because the wife asked…”, “because a colleague is doing so…”, “because it is now fashionable…” – or mobilise us to act at all, or will only be instantaneous, Quickly fading enthusiasm, which in the case of friendship with sport will transform the effort made in a fleeting, though May and turbulent romance, but with all its consequences in the form of discouragement, overtraining or even injury (sport we understand here as Regular physical activity with a focus on competing to overcome their weaknesses and to achieve benefits, mainly in the health aspect.
Firstly, it is necessary to realize how many benefits can be addressed as a result of regularly undertaken physical exertion.
Second, we need to understand that it is in our hands the responsibility for our health that it is never too late to change the lifestyle to be more active and it is not as difficult as some of it seems.
And thirdly, you should know how to proceed to achieve the desired effects, which will further motivated for further activity.
Awareness and motivation
For all those for whom the assertion that “movement is health” is just an empty phrase, it is worthwhile to make sense of the real benefits of regularly taken physical activity, to cite several arguments.
As a result of a series of adaptive changes in the body, physical exercise improves its overall physical performance. This is important not only for athletes who depend on a sports outcome, but for each of us, since our physical performance depends on the inconvenience of daily efforts, the speed of fatigue and the pace of aging of the organism. It is worth adding that after exceeding 20. of age, physical performance decreases in both women and men, with people the rate of this reduction being 2 – 3 times higher than in athletes people.
- The beneficial effect of physical exercise on the cardiovascular system is used for the prevention and/or treatment of coronary heart disease, hypertension and stroke. It is also not negligible that cardiovascular disease is the cause of approximately 50% of all deaths in Poland.
- Research has shown that regular physical activity reduces the risk of developing cancer and improves the functioning of the immune system by preventing bacterial and viral infections.
- Moderate-intensity physical exertion affects the central nervous system (CNS): It prevents aging, increases cognitive ability and delays the development of many degenerative diseases of the nervous system. Stressful changes in brain chemical composition (increased levels of serotonin and endorphins) can prevent some forms of neurological imbalance (e.g. depression).
- Regular physical exercises, especially of a strength nature, are beneficial to the condition of muscular tissue. This is an important argument not only for bodybuilders, as a well-groomed “muscle suit”, “tailored to each individual”, keeps the metabolism at a sufficiently high level, ensures proper posture and strength and the power to overcome Everyday difficulties.
- Physical exertion plays a key role in both maintenance and weight regulation. The increased energy expenditure as a result of physical work is conducive to the supply of adequate nutrients from food, necessary for the preservation of health, without the risk of undesirable weight gain. During the period of weight reduction, regular exercise first protects against loss of muscle tissue and reduces body fat and secondly facilitates negative energy balance, which is a key element of any reduction strategies Weight. In the reverse situation, when it seeks to increase body weight, exercise prevents excessive fat increase.
- Improved metabolic performance, which occurs as a result of regular physical exercise, positively affects blood lipid profile and glucose tolerance and prevents metabolic diseases.
- Physical exercise increases the mechanical strength of bone and Ścięgnistej, helping to maintain normal joint mobility, reducing the risk of painful and stiffness in old age and play an important role in prevention Osteoporosis.